Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

Pinterest Craft: Monster Bookmarks


Though the activity itself does not exactly fall under the category of educational technology, I can see that Pinterest is going to be my new go-to source for hands-on lessons. I was finding a few of my novels' pages "dog-eared" and thought it was time for my classes to apply their creative energies to making bookmarks they would be proud to use. These bookmark monsters hold the edge of the page, making them less likely to fall out.
I have quite a few artists in my classes. At the end of each class period, I was dazzled by the array of talent, design, and originality displayed in each bookmark--like snowflakes, not one of them was exactly the same. If your students are always asking you for a bookmark, it's worth taking a day to let students cut, color, and glue. All but a handful of students finished their craft within 50 minutes.
Two sites deserve credit for the template and instructions.
Click on these links for directions:

Momsbyheart
Tally's Treasury


No comments: